It is generally an accounting software that is developed as well as marketed by Intuit. It is geared mainly towards small and medium-sized businesses. It offers on-premises accounting applications & a cloud-based version that receives business payments, manages and pays bills, and payroll functions.
Scott Cook and Tom Proulx founded it in 1983 in Mountain View, California, USA. Later on, the company developed similar services as “Quicken” for small business owners. The first release of QuickBooks was the DOS version that was based entirely on Quicken codebase. This software was popular among small business owners with no formal accounting training.
When QuickBooks developed?
In 2000 Intuit developed the Basic and Pro version of the software. In 2003, it started offering an industry-specific version with workflow processes and reports designed for each business type along with terminology associated with trades. Now, manufacturers, wholesalers, professional service firms, contractors, and retailers can use this version. Intuit launched Enterprise Solutions of Quickbooks in May 2002 for medium-sized businesses.
On September 22, 2014, Intuit released another version of QuickBooks 2015, which offers an enhanced income tracker, pinned notes, enhanced registration process, and homepage insights.
On September 2015, Intuit released version QuickBooks 2016, which was much better than all the existing ones. Its features include batch transaction, bill tracking, consistent feed label printer provision, batch delete, as well as void transaction. QuickBooks 2018 is loaded with mobile inventory barcode scanning, multi-monitor supportccounts chart search, mobile inventory scanning, etc.
Intuit Released QuickBooks:
Intuit released QuickBooks 2019, with some unique features like customer invoices, the ability to transfer credits, payroll adjustment features, etc. With the improvements in reliability and experience of using the software, Intuit released the version QuickBooks 2020.
Online versions of QuickBooks are also available, which is known as QuickBooks Online (QBO). For this, a user has to pay monthly subscription fees.
FEATURES OF QUICKBOOKS:
- Manage and run the payroll on the go.
- Create accurate paychecks in seconds.
- E-pay and e-file forms
- Paying the workers by direct deposits that to a fee of cost.
- E-mail reminders and notifications for payday and tax deadlines.
How to Perfom Quickbooks File Repair?
- Make a separate backup or copy of your data file before verifying or rebuilding. This will protect or save your file from permanent loss.
- Now, run the verify data function of Quickbooks. This will identify the problem in QuickBooks and will automatically recommend you to rebuild data.
- Run the QuickBooks’ rebuild data function. This process resembles your file incorrect order.
- Now, again run the QuickBooks’ verify data’ option. Once the verification is completed, test the file that was showing errors by running it.
- If the error still exists, there is most likely corrupt data.
Read more about: “QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable”
Ways To Identify Data Corruption
- Once the ‘verify data’ and ‘rebuild data’ steps are completed, review the QuickBooks’ logs for the data verification.
- These logs will indicate any items or transactions that are causing trouble.
- Now, go back and delete or delete and replace the corrupted items.
- Continue down the log and address each item until the file verifies.
Ways to Stop Data Corruption from Happening Again:
In case your file exceeds 200MB for QuickBooks services for Pro or Premier or 450MB for QuickBooks Enterprise; reduce your file by following the given step:
- Use the option’ files condense’ to reduce file size.
- Create journal entries that include monthly activities before a client selects the dividing date after this balance sheet’s clean-up is done.
- Remove all the transactions before a specific date. This method is more effective than the previous one.
- Start a new QuickBooks file with opening balances. This will help in the reduction of the file size.
Since you have already solved the problem of Quickbooks company file corruption, that does not ensure you all that the problem is not going to appear again. You can protect your data for the future to minimize this problem risk, which is why this problem is reappearing. By following the below-mentioned steps, you can do this:
- The best thing to do against any data corruption is to have multiple backups of your data on different devices or location.
- It would be best if you made a habit of having a complete backup of your data on a regular/daily basis.
- You can go for online backup as it is much helpful, and there is no threat with it compared to physical data.
- Utilize the provided space and size of the Quickbooks Database file, don’t extend it beyond the limit.
If you want to add more data above the limit, it is suggested to reduce the size of the actual file using third-party tools. More info to visit: http://thetechnewsdaily.com/